Question
Posted by: Julie | 2008/07/16

my child and me

My childs father and i are divorced, i feel that i am not being a good mother to him, i work as i get no support from the father, i find myself shouting and screaming at him for every little thing, it is not fair...i do love my child dearly but find coping on my own a strain, please help, i don't want him to suffer long term effects from mental abuse

Go to the Maintenance Court and have this dead-beat dad forced to pay maintenance for his child ; it may help prsuade him not to do this so carelessly to anyone else. Lin's suggestion is excellent --- and try the parenting forum for more suggestions from other parents

1
Posted by: Lin | 2008/07/16

Do you perhaps have someone that could look after him say one evening every week, or every 2 weeks. The "break" does one wonders. For you and for him. I leave my little boy one evening a month at his grandparents, then we go out and relax and I pick him up the next morning. It's like a holiday.

Reply to Lin