Posted by: scared | 2012-04-20

My chances

Hi Doc,

I started eating more healty and excercising recently (2 weeks now) and have joined this with a USN meal replacement, as well as USN phedra-cut (2 in the morning). The normal dosage for Phedra-cut is up to 4 capsules per day twice a day.
I am also using Depo -prevera for about 18 months now.

The problem is, this last while a have been feeling sick in the mornings. I have been extremely tired the last while and I feel movement, but have been shoving this off as a result of my IBS. I dont have other symptoms like breast tenderness etc.
How high are the chances of falling pregnant while on Depo-prevera? As I wont be able to tell as a result of " being late" .
Will a normal urine test be accurate whilst on Depo-prevera.

Depo-prevera is 99.9% effective. You can ask your doctor to do a blood test, to determine if you are pregnant or not. He/she will also have to blood tests to determine if you are anemic or not. Anemia can also be the cause for your symptoms.