Question
Posted by: lizard | 2010/06/10

my cat

my cat has lost his voice, what has happened to him, and he sits with his mouth a little bit open instead of closed, he is eating and drinking water and his gums are pink, why has he lost his voice , is he sick?

It can be very difficult to determine why the cat has lost it's voice. This maybe resolve or may be permanent.
Problems may include:
Upper respiratory infections(calicivirus, rhinotracheitis, bacterial e.t.c) can cause a laryngitis and result in vocal problems.
Oral ulceration
Cancer
Feline immunodeficiency virus
Vocal tiredness through overuse

If you are concerned then see your local vet.

6
Posted by: lizard | 2010/06/15

thankyou Cyber Vet, much appreciated, his voice has come back slightly

anon and chill go fukc yourself

Reply to lizard
Posted by: Chill | 2010/06/11

No. What you assumed is that a qualified vet would be sitting at his/her computer 24/7, quivering in eager anticipation of receiving your query, forsaking all his/her other duties, in order to provide you with free advice within seconds, to save you the dreadful inconvenience of actually having to do anything yourself, or < gasp>  actually fork out some money.

Doesn''t work that way, though.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: lizard | 2010/06/11

sigh, all this sarcasim, aplogies I assumed incorrectly I would be dealing with adults

Reply to lizard
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/06/11

Problems may include:
Oral ulceration
Cancer
Feline immunodeficiency virus
Vocal tiredness through overuse

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/06/10

You''re a real honey, Lizard.

Apparently they''re REALLY good with this kind of thing in New Zealand. But before you go, please do what you ought to have done in the first place, which is take your cat to the vet.

Reply to Chill

Pateince grasshopper..sorry, lizard! CV can''t answer everything immediately, If you are that concerned and it seems such an emergency, go and see the vet!