Question
Posted by: Anuhya N | 2017/12/14

Severe back pain

my brother suffering from back pain.we consult various daughters,they said that it was a disc problem,last disc was moved from regular place,they prescribe some medicines,we regularly use that medicines ,now my brother feeling senseless on lower part for sometime,when he take rest immediately ,he feel better and normal.we mention this to doctor yestarday,doctor said that the disk was came to regular position but the gap between the last and but not one disc,doctors said want to do operation,they have to keep a screw between two discs and tighten them,my brother is crying alot ,he feeling tense,he is very afraid of operations and all.my question is// IS THE OPERATION NECESSARY?//it doesn't have medicines to cure that?//is only way to cure that by operation only.//After operation is there any side effects?//my brother is UN MARRIED(age 25).what do you suggest??..

- 2017/12/22

Yes, it does sound as if surgery will be necessary, because the nerves are being affected and if there is too much pressure on the nerves for a long time it can cause lasting damage. The surgery could give him great relief and usually doctors will not do back surgery if it is not absolutely necessary. If you are concerned then I suggest that you go for a second opinion, but to me it does sound as if the surgery will be necessary. Good luck.