Posted by: Joanna | 2009-10-09

my brother attempted suicide

On Tuesday my brother attempted suicide by slitting his wrists and throat. He is now in a psychratric ward in a private hospital. What must I do?

SO sorry to hear about this, Joanna, as it's obviously very upseting for you. Presumably he should now be in good hands in the psych ward, and under the care of a good local psychiatrist. Speak with the psychiatrist who ca help you understand what has been happening, what the outlook is, and what you can most usefully do ( and, perhaps, not do ). As others suggest, be available and make sure he knows you sympathize, care, and want to help. We need to be available to listen if and when he wants to talk, and to hear what he wants and needs, rather than insistently providing what we need to provide.

Posted by: Tania | 2009-10-28

After the death of his friend he decided to hang himself in the room they shared at campus

Reply to Tania
Posted by: -5 | 2009-10-22

The print business, all the way up to high speed mainframe types, has always been about consumables. ,

Reply to -5
Posted by: SFjbbkdOvwcviF | 2009-10-11

awegaw1.txt 2 5

Reply to SFjbbkdOvwcviF
Posted by: Joanna | 2009-10-09

He lost his job about 3 months ago and I think he felt that there was no other alternative. He owes alot of money to alot of people.

Reply to Joanna
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-10-09

Just be there for him and let him know that everything is going to be alright, he must just hang in there.
Why did he do this?

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-09

be there as a sister and never make him feel like a burden. Feeling like a burden to family just pushed me other edge when I was slitting my wrists. Just be there, but not over bearing. I suggest that he shouldnt be left alone so i guess the place where he is good. but please dont leave him there for too long...that place alone would drive me insane.

Reply to almost mad