Posted by: Helen | 2009-05-27

My boyfriend- wierd when it comes to marriage

My boyfriend and I have been dating for six years and living together for three. He does not want to get married but he calls me the wife and when other people refer to him/ me as the husband/ wife he doesn' t correct them (like when people ask him how the wife is or when my moms boyfriend introduces him to people as my husband). This evening I told him we need to start using cheaper products and he said, ' lucky for you, you married the cheapest man alive' . Why does he just want to get married then?

Hi Helen, Bob' GF has probably got it right. Men might say they are hesitant to make the committment of marrying someone, but in a stable long-term relationship such as you describe, there is committment expressed in action and words other than the actual marriage ceremony. But once they are into their comfort zone, they are probably getting all they want out of a relationship, in terms of sex and companionship, etc, and don't see what extra benefits would come from formal marriage. A woman usually can see that added value when he doesn't. A couple of sessions of couples counselling may be helpful in sorting this out

Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-05-28

i dont understand your question: WHY DOES HE WANT JUST WANT TO GET MARRIED THEN?

It does not make sence

If you are asking why he DOES NOT want to get married I can answer on CS' s behalf as he' s answered this q many times:

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend