Posted by: Juice | 2010-02-11

My Boss the Abuser

Hi Everyone, I work for a black lady, very well known in politics and government, very respected.

Its over a year now I work for her, but ever since I started working for her my blood pressure has shot up, have gained weight and started smoking. She is very verbally and emotionally abusive.

Last year in Nov we ran a music festival, we have never before done such an event, including herself, therefore an experienced company had to be outsourced to handle the artists and marketing elements of the event.

For this reason every day my boss would call me and tell me how useless I am, that I can' t run a music festival, that I' m stupid and she will fire me cos she won' t be paying someone to sit there instead of knowing how to run a festival.

She told me how I' m fat and do nothing about and that she won' t pay me comes month end. This has affected my health and my personal life very badly, in some instances I have recorded her when she was abusive and compared to me with other poeple.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Juice this management style is simple bullying and is unacceptable. If you have a HR officer enlist their assistance. If not it is up to you. You must assertively,not aggressively sit with the manager and go through all the past incidents. Explain who you are as a person and that bullying is not good management practice. Ask her to plan with you a solution and task direction going forward.

Posted by: Good Luck | 2010-03-11

Good luck finding a new job. Maybe record it and take her to the CCMA

Reply to Good Luck