Question
Posted by: Nash | 2010/08/13

My Boss

My Boss is the most moody person on earth. I am a lively and very active person. My Boss has got a habit of being moody at least once a week and we share an office together. Today is one of those days and the tension in the office is so bad am even beginning to feel like crying for no apparent reason. How do I deal with his behaviour, I just hate this.
I asked several times to be given my own office but he is the one denying its approval and I feel like just leaving and looking for a job somewhere else.

Maybe his refusal to give you your own office proves the old saying that Misery loves company. Is there an HR person you could discuss this with ? In this ecopnomy, its wise to look for a better job and find it BEFORE leaving.
Meanwhile, the best way to deal with his behaviour is to ignore it so far as you can - to treat it like a neighbour's false alarms on their wonky security system - a nuisance, but recognizing that you are more disturbed by choosing to react to it, than by the noise itself.

4
Posted by: Nash | 2010/08/13

Thanks everyone, I think my other foot is already at the door, can''t wait to leave.

Reply to Nash

Oh doesnt this sound all too familiar. Nash, my manager is exactly the same she barely greets when she walks in, in the mornings. The silence continues for the rest of the day, she has no idea what i do all day long. she never checks on me or my work. Increase...never!! but the managers and directors salaries get reviewed regularly. *sigh* I have aggresively been searching for another job but nothing to date, so it continues!

Posted by: rick | 2010/08/13

sounds like he has power issues and likes to ''lord'' it over you...the fact that he denies your request leads me to belive that its personal...I bet that you never got a decent increase out of him either?? My advice...polish up your CV!!!

Reply to rick