Question
Posted by: Mike | 2010-04-14

My bitch Urinates Uncontrollably

My female dog (2 yrs old) ''leaks/urinates'' constantly. Read somewhere that this is possible after they have been spayed. What can i do to stop her from ''leaking''

Dear Mike

It can be after a spay or a urine tube that is connecting in the wrong place.

Go to your vet.

6
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-04-16

Dear Mike

Go to your vet.

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010-04-14

That urethra story is nonsense.

It''s most likely hormonal, and easy to treat. But the vet will want to rule out a kidney/urinary tract infection first.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Peter | 2010-04-14

Normally happens in more mature spayed female dogs. A course of a hormone drug called Incurin did wonders for my old girl. Speak to your vet as it only available on prescription.

Reply to Peter
Posted by: Joe | 2010-04-14

a vet case - can be a problem from spaying, and also a hormonal problem - get help, can be improved.

Reply to Joe
Posted by: Willie Botha | 2010-04-14

My bitch urinates every few minutes.She is 12 years old

Reply to Willie Botha
Posted by: Susan | 2010-04-14

When your dog was spayed they did not close the uretha up properly and this is what has caused it
If you do not have the uretha closed up properly this problem will persist until she is about 4 and then will stop
We had the same problem Regards and good luck

Reply to Susan