Question
Posted by: Loyiso | 2009/10/19

My big belly

No matter how hard i train i seem not to do away with my big belly. I used to weigh 96kgs and am now at 80kgs, thanks to my previous dietician. I try to eat healthy and do sterenuous excercises including a lot of cardio but i can' t have a flat stomach. I am 43 years and do drink whisky and beer at times. What can i do?

Dear Loyiso
Firstly congratulations on losing those 16 kg - you are a bright, shining ***star***. It is difficult to shift abdominal fat. If you have lost sufficient weight that your BMI is in the normal range, you will need to start doing targeted exercises (not cardio) to reduce your tummy. Ask your trained for specific exercises that target the tummy like sit-ups and start with a few each day until you are doing sufficient to whittle away that tummy.

3
Posted by: marc | 2009/10/21

why is measurements not taken over the bellybutton, but above it?
how can i get rid of the little tyre 4cm around the bellybutton area?

hope you can help

Reply to marc
Posted by: Fellow dieter | 2009/10/20

Cut out the beer if you want to lose stomach fat .whisky is fine but not too much , .You should modify you diet ,as you know the diet is very very important .

Reply to Fellow dieter

Dear Loyiso