Posted by: Vees | 2009-03-30

My back is hunched due to an operation, help needed!

I was born in 1983.
I am 1.7m tall and i weigh 69kg. (With no cloths on).
I have had an operation on my left shoulder blade/scapular in 1997. There had been a calcium deposit growth on the scapular which needed to be removed due to the scapular lifting up and causing my body to hunch. I have now joined the gym in an attepmt to assist my posture. There is a slight pain on my higher back, but i am now used to the pain as it has been around for many years. i would do anything to correct my posture and look "normal". i am only 26 years old and i am also concerned about this problem in the future. Please advise on what i can do and what i should do. i also meant to see a biokinetic doctor, but dont no wheather it would be of any help.

I look forward to your feedback.
Many Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Vees
The best person to see would be an orthopedica surgeon. They need to evaluate your back to see whether this can be treated by a brace, exercises or an operation