Question
Posted by: SARITA BRITS | 2011/11/02

MY BABY STOPS BREATHING

EVERYTIME MY BABY CRIES SHE STOPS BREATHING AND GOES BLUE IN THE FACE FOR A FEW SECONDS. IT IS MY FIRST CHILD AND I DON''T KNOW WHAT TO DO IF SHE DOES THAT AND MUST I BLOW IN HER FACE FOR HER TO BREATH AGAIN. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME AS I AM DESPERATE.

Sarita

As your baby is turning blue she cries, it is important to consult a doctor as soon as possible. There are many reason why babies do cry and it is their way of telling you that something is wrong. It is always important to consult your doctor when your baby turns blue whilst crying or when there is a change in her crying patterns.

Refer to the following useful link regarding newborn behaviour: http://my.clevelandclinic.org/healthy_living/infant_care/hic_newborn_behavior.aspx