Question
Posted by: shahieda | 2009-11-16

my angry son

Hi , I have a beautiful 17 year old son, the problem is that he is always angry, he fights and shouts at his 5year old sister and feels that everyone is against him. Also, He has 4 step brothers(living with his father and his wife) and they uaually " get along" . They are between 26 and 32yrs old. But recently they had an argument and my son was exceptionally rude to them and since then they have refused to talk to him. He still feels that he is the victim. I cant talk to him how can i help him ?

Adolescence can be truly troublesome, and that is probably the basic cause of all this. Maybe he has other problems he hasn't revealed to you. Have you a sufficiently trusting relationship that you can calmly talk with him about such things, and gently expore what's bothering him right now ?
Kids who decide that "everyone's against them" have a way of persuading everyone to actually get against them. Would he be interested in seeing a counsellor to deal with his wounded feelings and to help him figure out the best way to handle this situation ?

2
Posted by: kay | 2009-11-16

Bipolar?

Reply to kay