Question
Posted by: Zainette | 2009-02-04

My 8yr old girl has tummy pains and weight problems.she weigh 50kg.should I be concerned about this and take her to specialist?

My 8yr old daughter is constantly complaining about stomach cramps/pains since she was abount 5.everytime I ask my GP he says to give her fibre cereal and fruits, which I do.but she stil get alot of cramps.she weighs 50kg. is this overweight. Do I need to take her to some sort of a specialist?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Zainette
In children stomach pain can often be due to stress, but some kids can develop peptic ulcers. Try Gelumen syrup if she gets it again. I need to know how tall she is to determine if she is overweight.