Posted by: ANNE | 2008-11-10

My 7 year old daughter

wud just like to know, i know this is not the right forum for this, but maybe there is some parents that can help me ,,,, is it normal that my 7 year old daughter is so close with me that she literaly gets sick when im away from her 2 or 3 days, im a single mom and have to work shifts to support her she lives with me during the week and some weekends, but if she is not with me the wkend she gets sick, than she also dnt like the idea of me having another baby, she has a fear like a jealous men that im having another chikls elswhere witch i go and visit, if she finds me waking up in the morning or middle of the night not next to her se is very upset, she wants me to take off at work to spend time with her, she does not aprove of a relationship im having with a man ,,,,, is it normal, and if not what can i do about it.......
Date: 10/11/2008

There's also a parenting forum which might be helpful for you. Its normal for a kid, especially at various times in her development, to get clingy, but to be physicalluy sick when you are away for short periods is perhaps excessive. Arranging for her to see a child psychologist for assessmetn and advice could be useful. Explore what facilities of this sort might be accessable through your nearest major state clinic or hospital

Posted by: koos | 2008-11-10

no thats not normal,take her to a poffesional for some help in dealing with her issues

Reply to koos