Posted by: Zozo | 2009-03-02

My 16 year old daughter

I have a dughter who doesn' t like people. My helpers have been leaving complaining about my kids and I thought they were probably mad only to find out that my daughter has a hand in them leaving. She doesn' t like other people visiting our house she is happy with just us in the house. She doesn' t like visiting unless it' s her friends from school, and she won' t talk about it she doesn' t want to go out, she hates shopping.

Since my helper is gone because of her I told her she will do all the chores around the house I will do nothing, I am not well off financially but I have a helper as I have toddler twins, they go to a day mother during the day the reason I have a helper is for her not to carry responsibility for the twins she plays sports at school I did not want her to rush home from school and be burdened with chores I want her to have enough time to do her school work she is in grade 11. I feel guilty telling her she has to do all the chores but I hope this will make her appreciate a person who works in the house, I think my daughter is selfish. She is an exact opposite of me I love people, I am outgoing and when I talk to her she says there is no problem she won' t open up to me. The only people she loves are her aunts and uncles and they are young and they won' t be able to communicate with her at at an adult level.

Please advice

I am puzzled as to what on earth has happened to our usual large number of excellent readers who add their own useful comments on questions like these, which deserve help and support, but are hardly psychiatric ! Where are you all today ?
You don't mention the AGE of your daughter, which is very important to understanding your question. Similarly, you don't mention the ages of her aunts and uncles. Some kids, like some adults, just don't like other people very much, and that's fine as regards their personal choices of friends versus spending spare time on their own. But they still have a duty to learn to be polite to others, especially people who work to help them, to be appreciative of the efforts of others, and cpable of geting on with the people they need to live with and work with