Question
Posted by: G. | 2012/01/30

My 10 yr old, plz advise

She is overrowing! since she was about 6 years old she started overgrowing, taller than her peers and all, now she is 10, wears sze 36 clothes and size 6/7 shoes and already almost my height 1.68, and I cant help but worry a lot now, could there be something wrong with her?

Dear G
The average height and weight for 10-year-olds are 1.32 m and 28 kg, respectively. If your daughter is already nearly 1.68 m tall at the age of 10, then I agree that there may be a problem with her growth. Please take her to a medical doctor so that he/she can evaluate her growth and refer you to a specialist if necessary. It is possible that your daughter is producing too much growth hormone, but this is something that a medical dr must determine and treat.

1

Dear G