Posted by: S | 2009-05-19

Hi There, My baby will be 10 months old this week. He eats well and generally slept through the night since 6 months old. The last 2 weeks he has been waking up randomly during the night screaming unconsolably. Last night we eventually brought him to our bed and he stopped crying so I thought it was seperation anxiety however after 40 mintues he woke up screaming again and so the night went on. I took him to the dr last week who said that he did not have any sign of an ear infection nor teething (he does not have any teeth yet). Could this be night terrors? What can we do? We are desperate for a good nights sleep. Thank you.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This is a bit young for night terrors. It is more likely that there is something else disturbing him. I think you should pester your pediatrician some more.

Posted by: Anneke Lottering | 2009-09-01

Hi S, just wanting to know if you have sorted out the sleeping problem with your baby? I am having the same problem with my 10 month old now and as you say, we are desperate for sleep? Please be so kind as to reply. Regards

Reply to Anneke Lottering