Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-05

Hi. out of instinct on saturday I went thorugh my husband' s messages on his cellphone, i saw a msg that said, your secret mxit pin is, this obviously means to me that he is chatting on mxit, and you do not chat on mxit to meet friends. how can i know for sure if there is something going on? i can not confront him about this as he will just throw his phone against the wall as he did when i went through his other phone. i do not love him anymore, he always looks at other girls and makes comments in my presence etc. but i do not want to divorce because in the 1st place i have nowhere to go and the 2nd we have a 3 year old toghether. he has always said that he would never be unfaithful as his conscious would bother him, but why is this now not the issue when he is on mxit? is there anyway i can go and mxit to test him or something???

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Anon,

your message concerns me. Refusing yourself the happiness you deserve because you have a child together does not make a sound relationship. Being in a relationship with someone you do not love anymore and with someone who disrespects you is not a future to offer your child.
if you are determined to not want a divorce what would finding out what he does on MXit change? He doesn't seem concerned with your feelings since he makes open comments and if he can't respect you, the mother of his child, what role model is he to your child?
You must give yourself credit and allow yourself to deserve better.

Kind regards