Question
Posted by: Karen | 2009/10/13

MVP and palpitations

I have MVP with moderate regurg. I noticed that when I have a bowel movement (not constipated) I get palpitations. Is that normal?

Hallo Karen
Some patients with MVP may have a sensitive autonomic nervous system, so things like bowel movement, coughing, straining etc could cause palpitations. If it does not make you feel lightheaded or causes faints or chest pain, you probably do not have to be concerned about it. Next time when you go for a check up, inform your doctor and ask him to do an ECG to look at the rhythm.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/13

Hallo Karen

Reply to cyberdoc