Question
Posted by: Ettezil | 2011/03/24

Must I see a doctor

Hi Doctor,
Im 30, female, non smoker, I have been coughing on and off for over 4 weeks, the last week I have had this pain under my right breast, when I cough or laugh or even move it''s terrible pain, In the 4 weeks of coughing at times I get really bad dizzy spells and start to sweat, at times it feels like I dont get enough ozygen in when I breath. I have no energy and getting up in the morning is a real effort. My heart rate was 115 pbm today and with the coughing and pain under my right breast my chest sometimes pain also it feels like cramps in my chest or sometimes it feels as if an elephant is sitting on my chest other times it feels like hunger pains but its in my chest right in the middle of my breasts or sometims the pain moves down the left side. Must I go see a doctor or can I just self medicate for flu. I have had so many flu medicne already and cough mixtures but up to date nothing has worked, at times when I breath there is this weird sound dont know how to describe it

Dear Ettezil
I think you should rather see your doctor as a x/ray may be needed - if it hasn't cleared up by itself in 4 weeks it probably needs antibiotics. If your chest is "rattling" or wheezing you may have bronchitis or pneumonia.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/24

Dear Ettezil