Question
Posted by: ampie | 2011/04/14

muscle/nerve pain

I have this pain between my shoulder blade and spine which the physiotherapist says is a combination of muscle spasm and (the sharper pain) nerve pain caused by a stretched nerve/s. The origin could have been an old injury leading to prolonged bad posture. The physiotherapy provides temporary relief every time and I also use heat and vibration and gentle exercise at home to deal with it. Nothing is actually improving though. If I leave the physiotherapy etc for even 2 days it is back as bad as ever. Also, it seems like the pain causes other muscles get into spasms as well, on the other side of the spine or lower down my back or along my ribs. Is there nothing else I can do about this? I feel as if my whole life revolves around keeping this pain at a manageable level. If there is something else I can do, what sort of doctor do I consult? I have had x-rays already, before physiotherapy started.

Hallo Ampie
Try to find a chiropractor or physio in your area that can do dry needling as it sounds to me as if you may have a trigger point in the muscle. See http://www.physiosa.org.za/?q=node/467
Look under "find a physio" and type in special interest dry needling

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/14

Hallo Ampie