Question
Posted by: kea | 2010/06/03

Muscle weakness

Are there any connections here:
1) A sonar that showed a dilated IVC on the outgoing side.
2) A irrugular ECG, that made a " w"  on the reading instead of a wave.
3) a blood test that showed below 0 for Aldolase enzymes.
4) raised OES levels on blood test.
5) raised OES abs levels on blood test.
Patient: 55 yr female. 51kg. very tired complains of muscle weakness especially in the arms, this has been for a long period. High stress level. Severe reflux problems. Do you see anything tieing up with anything else here? what would your diagnoses lean towards. thanks.

Dear Kea
Unfortunately I can't give you a diagnosis on this alone - one would need to look at physical signs and symptoms, what you find with examination. She may even have 2 or more conditions at the same time. I would think one should also have to look at thyroid hormone levels, Calcium levels, Kidney function and electrolytes

2
Posted by: asd | 2010/06/03

The newlyweds are in their honeymoon room and the groom decides to let the bride know where she stands right from the start of the marriage.

He proceeds to take off his trousers and throw them at her. He says, "  Put those on." 

The bride replies, "  I can''''t wear your trousers." 

He replies, "  And don''''t forget that! I will always wear the pants in the family!" 

The bride takes off her knickers and throws them at him with the same request, "  Try those on!" 

He replies,"  I can''''t get into your knickers!" 

"  And you never bloody will if you don''''t change your attitude." 

Reply to asd
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/03

Dear Kea