Posted by: Lebo | 2009-07-07

muscle vibration question continued

Hello Doc, thank you for the reply on muscle ' vibration' . This happend when I am at home resting. I feel like my muscles are shaking or to make it clearer, like a heart beat. You know when the heart beats strongly for when your are scared? Something like that but only it' s not a heart beat, it the body that is why I think it' s the muscles. It happend only for a few seconds and stops.

Hi Lebo

Like I said in the previous reply, it's usually that the muscle twitches, because the nerves that control it cause that reflex twitching. It happens to tired muscles, and people who have walked downhill for a long time will know all about this. It's nothing to worry about - as I said, it's not the muscle burning fat, it's just a twitch in the muscle caused by fatigue and a temporary 'dysfunction' in the nerve control of the muscle.