Question
Posted by: Dot | 2012-08-07

Muscle tone / Haemerhoid

I feel like I''m coming apart. The muscle between my vaginal opening and anus when i touch feels so much smaller (not even a finger tip wide/thick. Over the years this wedge seems to becoming reduced in size. WHat are the implication and what are the causes?

- Which medical specialist should I see regarding this matter?
- WHat can I do do prevent it from getting worse?

To top it off i have a haemerhoid. Is this all inter related with weekend muscles? Does prescribed cream work to diminish the haemerhoid and how long should one use the cream?
FOr this problem should I see a GP or a specialis?

Dot

I think you should consult a gastroenterologist, as it is possible that you might have a perineal hernia. This might be the reason why you think that the area between the anus and vagina has decreased. There are over the counter medication that can be very useful to alleviate rectal piles but more effective treatment will have to be prescribed by your doctor. The duration of treatment will depend on your response to the treatment.