Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2011-06-13

Muscle spasms

I am a 59yr old white female. It happened now a couple of times that my thigh muscles go into spasms and it hurt TERRIBLY, so much that I cry out. I cannot even touch my thighs at that point of time. And then for the next couple of days my thigh is so sore, that I walk with a limp. What causes this?

Jenny

It is possible that you over exert the thigh muscles, causing small tares inside the muscle, which is followed by inflammation and swelling. This in turn will cause muscle stifness and spasms. I therefore suggest that you consult a physiotherapist for therapy and exercise to strengthen your thigh muscles.