Question
Posted by: Spazo | 2008-12-23

muscle spasms

HI, for a while now I have been having muscle spasms that my calf muscle goes brick hard (in my sleep) and then I wake up in pain. This lasts for about 30 to 40 sec and then my muscle is very sore for the next couple of days. I went to my local doc the other day and he said I should take magnesium tabs.

I took 2 the first and 2nd day and my calf muscles got this buring fealing. So I stopped for the weekend and took again this morning and they have a burning feeling again.

What is causing this? Is it the tabs? Could there be something else wrong with me?

Thanks for any help!

Dear Spazo
Muscle cramps are often caused by overexertion or a shortage of calcium or magnesium. Try adding calcium and if the spasm happen, rub it and stretch the calf muscle by pulling up your front foot to the front of your shin and holding it there for a while. Ask your doctor to check your blood potassium, calcium and magnesium levels with a blood test

3

My calves have started cramping and twitiching at night, and is keeping me awake. My feet cramp alot aswell. I am taking calcium, magnesium supplements but they are not working.

My skin has recently started itching at random times, a rash developes it looks very red, and has small flea bite looking bumps. happens on sesitive skin on my wrists, thighs, behind knees and in joint areas.