Question
Posted by: Lin | 2008/07/14

Muscle Spasms

I've been experiencing muscle spasms for the past few years. It's sometimes in my neck all the way down under my shoulder blade. This time it's from my shoulder blades down my spine and it ends in my bum.
It's so sore it feels like I can't even breath - it hurts that much.

I get it when I stress alot and even if I don't have stress above the norm.

I went to my gp today and she prescribed Celebrex 200mg and Robaxin 750mg. She also had me injected with cortizone.

I'm using Transact and Arnica oil as well. I tried Synflex before I went to the doc this morning - it doesn't work.
I've been experiencing the spasms this time since Sunday morning.

It's now 12 hours after I've been to the doc and I'm crying from pain as I'm typing this.

Please tell me what else I can do.
Thank You for your time.
Lin

Hi LIn
The best medicine for muscle spasms is physiotherapy - it works better than pills. Make an appointment at a physio near you - you will find them in the yellow pages.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Lin | 2008/07/15

No, I'm not on any meds. I went to the physio this morning though. Geez, can't believe I still hurt!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: sally | 2008/07/14

You do not perhaps take blood pressure medication or cholesterol medication? Have same problem, especially during night abd early morning after having slept and I have found comfort after leaving my cholesterol medication.

Reply to sally