Question
Posted by: Sam | 2009-08-03

Muscle spasm in top of right arm

From last year February I had this unctrollable muscle spasm in my right arm. I' ve been to a chiropractor with no relief afterwards. I went to a physiotherapist with no relief afterwards. I went to my GP who prescribed Pexola who gave temporary relief. A month ago I went to a Neurologist for I want to know what causes this muscle to twitch, mostly at night, the moment I lie down and it keeps me awake at night. He did several tests, draw blood for 24 different things he want tested and I spent an hour inside an MRI scan for the brain and spinal area. No results, no origin. R15000.00 rand later and no answer. Rivotril was prescribed which I started taking two days ago. It does not make me drowsy like he said it would, but gives some relief in my sleeping habits. What am I suppose to do? He said that I should be happy that the MRI scans showed nothing significant, for it usually ain' t good news. But to spend that amount of money with no answer.......?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You have been subjected to a wide range of examinations and it is very difficult to come up with a postive reply. There could possibly be a deficiency in Magnesium - and I would suggest you try using something like Ultimag. Your pharmacist can advise on dosage etc...