Question
Posted by: jessy | 2009/01/09

muscle spasm and stiff neck

hie..after a surgical laparatomy..i was in pain as a result i had a poor posture which then resulted in stiff neck and now i have serious muscle spasm and i cant turn my neck more than 10 degrees..have been to a number of physiotherapists and my neck is still stiff..can you recommend something please

Expert ImagePharmacist

J

Your best bet would be a musle relaxant and/or anti-inflammatory - Have you tried any yet? The physio is also a good choice, but it may reqiure quite a few sessions. Examples of muscle relaxants include Robaxin, etc.