Question
Posted by: Bella | 2011/01/12

Muscle relaxants

Please explain how do muscle relaxants work and do they in any way impede ones ability to run by that I mean should one take them during a marathon would it not relax the muscle to the extent that your muscles then become too weak to be able to function!! And could you recommend a good one,

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi B

No, they relieve muscular spasm, but wont leave you flopping on the ground like the character called "Boneless Chicken" in the animated series "Cow and Chicken".

2
Posted by: Bella | 2011/01/14

Thank you so much for your response.
Please can you recommend an effective one. During an ultra marathon both my quads go into total spasm to a point they cannot move, will this muscle relaxant help relieve this.

Reply to Bella
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/01/14

Hi B

Reply to pharmacist