Question
Posted by: DEZI | 2008/07/04

Muscle pain in Upper Back

Last night I couldn't sleep because of muscle pain in my back. It was just on the left side. Today it is on both sides (between my shoulder blades). The pain is terrible. When I flex my neck forward it becomes even more painful. What could be causing this?

What should I take?

Dear Dezi

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It sounds like if you are suffering from muscle spasm in your neck and shoulder area. Usually it is not a problem and can be resolved by taking Norflex Co, as well as consulting a physio for exercise and treatment. I do however, suggest that if your symptoms persist for longer than a week, that you consult a doctor to exclude any spinal problems, like a slipped disc that can be causing the pain.

Kind regards