Posted by: anon | 2012-05-23

muscle pain

hi there, im doing weight lifting and recently i felt a sharp pain just below my shoulder joint. IT doesnt feel like my joint but more than the muscle running through the joint. what can i do to ease or heal the muscle? Im currently pushing 40kg should i go easy and lighten the weights or should i consult to Dr.

It's very difficult to diagnose like this, and while I hate to pass the buck, you really need to see a physio or a doc about this, so they can assess it and make a proper diagnosis.

And while doing this, you need to back off the weight, because it sounds like the kind of small strain that can happen when over-exerting. Often, a muscle strain (if this is what it is, there are a few other things, a little more time-consuming and serious) will take a few weeks to resolve, and there's no problem, but you need to eliminate tendon and ligament injuries.