Posted by: Louki | 2008-11-27

muscle cramps &  spasms in right calf

I was sitting on my couch with my cat on my lap last night when all of a sudden I got the most intense muscle spasms and cramps in my right calf. I could hardly walk afterwards. This morning my leg is relatively painful and I can actually see the muscles " bunched"  up. It' s happened before but not that bad. I' m 42 years old - lost 6 kilos + centimeters (don' t know how many) in the last 2 months. I don' t jog or run but I walk for about 25 minutes Mondays to Fridays. Please could you tell me what might have caused it?

Hallo Louki
overtiredness of the muscle can cause this as well as low Calcium levels. Try stretching gently and take a calcium supplement. Also warm up before you walk