Question
Posted by: Al | 2010/04/19

Muscle around knee cap

The muscle around my knee cap has been jumping/twitching (not sure what the correct word is) a few times a day for about 2 weeks. It feels as though the knee cap is moving up and down or something like that!? Any idea what could be causing it? I work out at the gym every day but haven''t changed my routine significantly or anything. I actually had this ''problem'' about 10 years ago when I was in high school. It lasted for months and then just disappeared.

Hi Al
Muscles can twitch when they are overexerted - ensure that you stretch before you gym, and take calcium and magnesium supplements for a week or so. If it is really irritating ask your doctor to prescribe muscle relaxant tablets for a few days.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/19

Hi Al

Reply to cyberdoc