Posted by: Tania | 2008-12-09

Muniric for gout treatment

Our physician has prescribed Muniric for my husband' s gout as he has an immediate reaction everytime he uses puricos. Our pharmacy cannot get this, they say its off the market. What can be taken in its place?

Expert ImagePharmacist

It does seem as if this product have been removed off the market.
Unfortunately there is no generic equivalent available meaning that you'll have to give your doctor a call and tell him that this product has been discontinued - Ask him to prescribe an alternative.
It would be unethical of him to charge to anything for this new prescription, so go ahead give him a call.
(I'm not in the position to recommend anything as I dont know your husbands medical history, and a new treatment will require a prescription anyway)