Question
Posted by: Ann | 2010-11-11

mumps and measles

my 15 year old stepdaughter who lives with us was diagnosed with mumps. she recovered from it a week ago. my husband nwo seems to have contracted measles. could these two be related? also he started out with the red rash and then developed a fever, ear ache and sore eyes. should I get a MMR vaccination as I have never had any childhood diseases or is it too late?

Hallo Ann
No these two are not related. It may just be coincidental. You can go for a MMR but you probably have already been infected if you are susceptible - most childhood diseases are infectious a week before the "real" symptoms begin.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-11

Hallo Ann