Posted by: Ocean | 2009-01-27

Mummy' s boy

I have been married for 4 years now and believe me it has not been easy. My husband comes out of a " good"  home where he was actually spoilt ALOT. Haveing servants in his moms house all the time cleaning and picking up after him we went through lots of straights him not helping around in the house etc which led me to obv shout at him all the time and he would just ingnore me. The problem is his mother. She will always has something to say, such as I must be patient with him cause that is the way he is. I got pregnant at the age of 17 from someone else so I had a child when I got married. I was on the injection and went off after a year. We could not get children so I thought that the prob was by me until my gynae informed me that I am A ok. We have to test him. After all the comments I had to hear from his mother about my out of wedlock child and of all my guilty feelings of being married to another man, the test results were not that good. My husband is the one with the problem. I' ve been going through so much, I then eventually joined the gym and am spending 5 days a week there to keep saine. The problem is she is constantly telling me stop gyming and that I must supprt him at home while he is playing play station. She cant take the fact that I am looking good and taking care of myself. She is getting involved in this whole " struggling to get pregnant"  thing and even asked me if I cant go to a better gynae!!I am at this point that I actually want to leave my husband because she somehow thinks she has the right to hurt my feelings all the time and he is always supporting what she has to say.

Please give me some advice...

Old habits die hard. His mom sounds like she got stuck on a popular lie / excuse "That's just the way he is / I am" so the world must put up with me. Hannibal Lector could have said that, and we would not consider it obliged us to accept and encourage him as a serial cannibal killer. Does she really think her little boy is so unintelligent and limited as to be incapable o0f growing up and learning and behaving like a real man ? And if you are married to him, how and why does she get the chance to interfere so much and so often ? Whether or not you go to a gym is absolutely none of her business --- and why can't he work to support himself, instead of sitting round all day playing games ? Maybe yopu're lucky that he hasn't been able to impregnate you. What actual benefits are there for you ( and your child ) in remaining married to this big, lazy child ?

Posted by: DEE | 2009-01-27

I know exactly what you speaking about I have been there still there my mother inlaw is a b shes caused me heartach and pain and now that mu hubby and i finally have a child it still has not stopped maybe its best you dont fall pregnant and resolve this once and for all becuase believe me it gets worst with the kids involved my baby is 9 months and my hubby and i fight all the time we almost split when our child was 2 months so think long and hard ig this is what u wnat

Reply to DEE