Question
Posted by: Sahara | 2008/06/12

Mum's Sore hand

Could you please advise. My mum who is now 63 years old, has recently been battling with her right hand. The pains was intense and affected the use of her right hand. The doc diagnosed it as metacarpel syndrome as well as the Ulna vein is collapsing. She went for a small op on her wrist to try to correct it, however the pain is worse and has not improved at all.

Can you please direct us appropriatele as her doctor now says she needs to go for another op.

Dear Sahara
Let her please go for an evaluation by a hand surgeon first before she goes for another operation. I would also suggest that she gets an evaluation of the nerves in the hand and arm by a neurologist - it may be a nerve that is pinching higher up in the arm (let them do a nerve conduction study)