Question
Posted by: Chocolate | 2009/05/12

Mum' s painful ankles

Hi Doc,

My mum will be 63 yrs old this August. She sometimes suffers with very painful ankles especially at night. She sometimes can' t even sleep as they become so painful. We just apply some ointment &  some pressure to help relieve the pain a little. What could it be/ What can we do to help her? Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Chocolate

It is important to find out why your mom's ankles are hurting in the first place. There may be a foot alignment issue or possibly some sort of tendon problem that needs to be addressed. I suggest going to a podiatrist, getting an accurate diagnosis so it can be properly treated.

Chris