Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/11/17

Mum suicidal

Don' t really know why I' m posting this. I know I' m probably going to get beaten down by people on this forum. But here goes...

My mum is depressed, and is crazy! I' ve spent many years having to deal with a sad, depressing home where love and laughter was non-existent. My mum would do such stupid things that would cause more damage and DRAMA than anything else. She never thought about what she was doing, and how it was hurting us. If that' s what she felt like doing at the time, that' s what she did.

She attempted and threatens to kill herself many times. Her first attempt I felt terrible. But the part I don' t get is that her life is really not that bad. I don' t see why she feels so sorry for herself all the time, constantly seeking attention, which I hate. If you suggest that she goes to see a pshycologist or someone to help her - she refuses. She' s put our family through so much of drama and I' m really quite sick of it.

Lately, if she starts behaving the way she does, I don' t really care anymore. Sometimes I actually think that if she does commit suicide - maybe our family will be able to live in peace again. But then I feel guilty for thinking that - but I can' t help it. We' re all just so tired of it.

She started her nonsense again, and we just going to force her to see someone. Dunno how though. We can' t even afford a psychologist.

Some people are truly depressed, and sad, and may act harmfully towards themselves and/or others, ; some are drama queens, who adore getting attention by demanding it from others by creating such dramatic scenes. If this sort of behaviour brings her the attention shecraves, she will keep on repeating it. Maybe if she is told, calmly, that this is ann intolerable thing to do to her family, and that it is no longer acceptable --- that you will see her and give her attention IF she sees a shrink and works on solving her problems, but not if she refuses to do this and continues to create crises. If she chooses that last alternative, maybe she needs to know she will be doing it alone. Let her know that the way she chooses to behave is what is driving you away, and if she mends her ways, she can have more love and attention than ever.
If she can't afford a private psychologist, there are services she could use through the major government hospitals & clinics, and through her nearest medical school

4
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/11/17

Thanks Anon.

Reply to Lisa

The drink agrevates any medication she may be on.
This is very hard for you and your family.I have seen a family crumble because of situations like this. A professional would be able to tell you how to deal with this situation.

Posted by: Lisa | 2008/11/17

she drinks when she feels depressed.

Reply to Lisa

Your mom is hurting.........You need to get some help on how to deal with her and the situation.
Does she drink???