Question
Posted by: Multivitamin | 2008/10/14

Multivitamin

I am a bit run down and so take a glass of Ensure SUPPLEMENT almost daily.
I recently added one tablet daily of FOODSTATE Multivitamin &  Mineral supplement to my diet.
I now find that I urinate excessively.
Is this normal?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Not necessarily, unless there are other substances in the formulations that might act as diuretics. However, urinating is a way of getting toxins and waste products out of the body, thus it is a good thing – just make sure that you hydrate sufficiently. Aim for 2 l of water per day – it will help to flush your system.

If the condition continues out of bounds I think it is important that you discuss it with your Doctor, just keep in mind that if you drink 2 l of water per day you will certainly visit the toilet more often.

Take care
Vanessa