Posted by: Candace | 2008-11-16

Multiple strees fractures in both feet

Afier having endless trouble with pain in my feet I visited an orthopaedic surgeon. I discovered that I have about 8 stress fractures and two breaks altogether in my feet. Dr. says I now have a deformities in my feet., and need corrective surgery. the 1st op will be done in December. After doing some research I believe a number of things have seemingly played a role, I' m on cortisteriods for about 4 years now as well as other medication for the treatment of my SLE. B' coz of the steriods i am overweight and I have a very high arch. So Surgery? Is this the only way to go? No alternatives? Will it fix the problem? please can you supply me with some info. Much appreciated...Candace

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Candace

As a podiatrist, I have no experience of surgery and can't advise you on what is clearly a complex surgical case. I advise my patients that are considering surgery to get a second opinion from another orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in feet. Sorry I can't be of help.