Posted by: ANNABELLA | 2008-11-03

I was diagnosed with R/R MS more than five years ago. I was using Rebif until recently but stopped taking the drug because the side effects were awful, each time I injected. I feel fine at the moment as I approach my second rebif free month, I do not feel this is permanent and will try again after three months. The only question I have is the use of sativex, news of which I received from a support group and wondered about its use in SA and is it viable alternative to rebif or to be used in conjunction with rebif.

Dear Annabella
Sativex is not available in SA as far as I know. It is made from cannabis and is only used for neuropathic pain and spasticity