Question
Posted by: lollie | 2008/05/29

multiple pregnancy

Hi, I am not sure what I want to do anymore. I went to see a fertility specialist yesterday and explained my situation: I had my son on the 7th of Aug 2007 and then we tried to get pregnant again soon after because we want at least 4 kids and I want then to be close in age, so they can be good friends. In Jan I found out I was pregnant again and on the 23rd of Feb they removed the baby and tube because it was an etopic pregnancy. In Jan I also found out I had Graves's disease and on the 3rd of March I swallowed radio active iodine, and now my thyroid is under active and I am taking 0.15 Eltroxin. The dr's say I should wait till at least Aug to see what my thyroid does, the Invitro dr said I should wait 4 weeks with my new dose prescription to see what it does and then I can try. The Kinetics and invitro dr says 4 months is enough to wait and to see what the medication does. I don't want to wait too long, but I also don't want I stupid (sorry can't think of a better word) child, since they say that is what happens when your thyroid is under active and you are pregnant. I went to the dr to find out about multiple births, because I am so scared something else will happen again and then I can't have any more kids. He said that he will prescribe clomid and that might do the trick. Now I am confused, because my reasons for having twins now is so I don't go through 4 caesareans, and so I can get my body back quicker, and so I don't have to drop my one child at creche and the other one at primary school and the other one at the high school and so forth. Mostly because I want to get my body back quicker and I don't think I am up to having 4 caesareans. My first caesarean was due to my heart: It was painful for me - maybe I am just a sissy. I love my kid and won't mind allot of kids, but due to finances I will stick to 4. Can you tell me what you think? Is it easier for a woman's body to be only 3 times pregnant, not 4? Is there no diff? Do you really stretch that much more? I didn't get any stretch marks in my first pregnancy and I would like to keep it that way.

Dear Lolllie
I recommend that you wait at least for 3 normal spontaneous menstrual cycles before considering any further fertility options. If you are insistant on multiple births then in-vitro fertilization with several embryo tranfers or with more than one embryo transfer maybe your best option although never guaranteed. Also, bear in mind that a multiple pregnancy in a previous caesarian section situation may be fraught with danger and this needs to be carefully assessed against the option of singleton pregnancy. It is obvious that you require a lenghthy consultation with a fertility specialist to work through each of your concerns and I seriously would advise against a hasty decision.

3
Posted by: lollie | 2008/05/29

Who are you to tell me where I should take my massage? I lost a baby and now they tell me the next baby could have retardation? Yes, I do have a baby and I love him to bits, but I want to give him a brother and sister or so to play with. My sister can't have kids because of her husband; my brother lost his baby when the baby was three months old (after birth). We had to look at my brother carrying that coffin in his arms, and because we have SMA in our family. Now you tell me I am inconsiderate? If you don't know what you are talking about, rather shut up! I am taking my sister in-law to hosp on Sat to go for he implantation, because she can't have kids. Please don't point your finger in my direction.

Reply to lollie
Posted by: sarah | 2008/05/29

I have been trying to get pregnant with my partner for more than 2 years now until a fertility specialist said i have myomas and i need to have it removed before conception can occur. i had the ops in sept last year & have been trying since but nothing has happened. now, i'm taking herbal supplements and drugs like folate, selenium, zinc & magnesium. i want to have 3 children but if God can give me one right now, i will be ever so grateful to him. so i advise that you not be too much in a hurry as you already have one.

Reply to sarah

How lucky you are to be able to conceive,you seem to not even be considerate to other people on this forum. Pls take you problem elsewhere since this is not the right forum for you.