Posted by: AH | 2012-09-28

Multiple eggs

Dear Docter

I have been on clomid 100mg , estrofem 2mg and had to do 3 injections on day 6 ,8 and 10 of my cycle. Been to the dr for a scan today and there were mulitiple egg. The dr prescribed another injection to be done ons sunday to assisst with ovulation.

My question is , how big is the risk for me to have twins or more ? i am considering not to take the injection as i am scared of this.

Please advice

Thank you millions

Dear AH
I apologise for the late response, so by the time you get this answer you may have already taken your injection. However to try and assist you in answering your question, any medication that is taken to help one either ovulate or produce more follicles will increase your chances of a multiple pregnancy. The fact that you have taken higher dose clomid and in addition some other injections, indicate that your doctor had the intention of producing multiple follicles and therefore the risk of a multiple pregnancy would be high.
Answered by: Dr. Y.M.Dasoo

Posted by: zanele mvulane | 2012-10-17

I need twins and they must be girls

Reply to zanele mvulane