Posted by: LIZ | 2008-10-30

I' m 60 yrs old I have a problem with mucus in my throat it is very irritating, at times my voice just goes I havent pain I cant get rid of the mucus and I also dont have the flu this has been going on since May what could the problem be? Please Help !!

Dear Liz
You may have a post nasal drip due to an allergy or a low grade infection. Try sniffing salt water ( 1 cup lukewarm water, half a teaspoon of salt - should taste like tears). Sniff it up into your nose to the level between your eyes and blow out until the water comes out clean. Try using Loratidine 1 at night for a week or two - check with your doctor if this will go with the other medication you are taking (if you are).

Posted by: LIZ | 2008-10-30

Thank You so much for the advice on ' Loratidine'  I will give it a try and also the salt water and if that doesnt work I will visit my doctor.

Many thanks

Reply to LIZ