Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-27

Mucous Plug

I am 36 weeks pregnant and since yesterday, when I wipe myself, there is some slimy discharge on my underwear and on the tissue
Do you think this could be my mucous plug? And if so, how long before you go into labour from there?

dear Anon
The mucous plug usually starts showing a few days to hours before you go into labour, and it usually has a slight reddish/brownish tinge. Keep an eye out for other signs of labour and rather go for a check up at your GP or Gyne if you think it is labour, otherwise your baby may be born a bit prematurely. Signs of labour: regular cramping pain over the stomach getting gradually stronger, ( you can actually feel the uterus getting hard) low backache, fluid leaking from the vagina.