Question
Posted by: Abby | 2011/05/25

MRSA

I have suffered for 5 weeks with a breast abscess (internal) which tested positive for MRSA. (I did have what I thought was a spider bite which went away, then got the abscess in my breast) I am on medication for 3 weeks. I have a small baby at home and wondered if I need to have her tested for MRSA as she was breastfeeding at the time and also did skin to skin contact.

Abby

If the child shows any signs of infection, you should consult your doctor. Signs of infection will include fever and cellulitis.