Question
Posted by: Craig | 2010/06/10

MRSA

Dear Doctor
About 4 years ago while in Zanzibar my dad had what he thought was a spider bite. He had a wound on his calf which became severely infected causing fever,chills and dizziness. Since then his feet and legs swell up and he has red and black spots from the knee down. Is it possible he had an undiagnosed MRSA infection and that it is causing these complications? Advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Hallo Craig
I doubt if it is MSRA if both legs now swell and develops spots - he may have a condition where the arteries to the legs are narrowed. He may need a doppler sonar examination of the legs to exclude this. He may also need to have his heart and kidneys checked as a severe infection may cause heartvalve or kidney damage if germs spread via the blood stream.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/10

Hallo Craig